Le Bonheur offers Halloween safety tips | Parents & kids
Halloween’s just around the corner and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital has some advice on keeping your tiny ghouls and goblins safe.
Halloween safety tips:
- Always trick or treat with an adult until the age of 10
- Only trick or treat in areas that are well lit
- Cross streets at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Look left, right and left again when crossing; always walk, don’t run, when crossing streets
- Make eye contact with drivers, and watch for cars that are turning or backing up
- Walk on sidewalks or paths; if there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible
- Wear light-colored, flame-retardant costumes decorated with retro-reflective tape or stickers
- Wear well-fitting, sturdy shoes to prevent trips and falls
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick to increase visibility to drivers
Photo courtesy Flickr user DrVoo.